Here’s how to apply ‘The 5 Forces of Change’ to help you achieve a New Year’s resolution:
- PURPOSE – Clarify WHY you want to change. Then imagine what it will be like when you achieve your goal; how will you feel and behave? What will be the benefits to you and others? Write these all down and keep reminding yourself of them.
- CERTAINTY – Seek out role models and examples of other people’s successes to build your confidence. Make your target clear, precise, and measurable.
- CONTROL – take charge of the situation. Find tools and techniques to help you. Watch ‘how to’ videos or read up on the subject. Then devise an approach that is right for you.
- CONNECTION – use the power of peer pressure. Find a ‘buddy’ who wants to achieve the same thing as you and team up with them or find a coach or a support group.
- SUCCESS – Set yourself manageable milestones and a timeline for achieving them. Identify the habits and routines that are currently holding you back and replace them with new ones. Act – take the first step on your journey. Celebrate each small win.
This is just a ‘quick guide’. I’m happy to delve deeper if you have questions.